Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The In-between and Chasing Dreams


What’s so amazing about Career Investment’s program is that they draw from so many influences.  They use books, tests, you name it, to create an incredibly dynamic, well-rounded and successful program.  All these influencing sources have helped me dig deeper and have encouraged me to really think about things.  As ready as I was to graduate and never have a homework assignment again, the homework Kathleen gives me between meetings is quite helpful, and – as much as I’m shocked to say this – Exciting!  It’s helped me rethink some things, or realize what have overlooked. 

I spent my holiday weekend tackling my first homework assignment - thinking of my top three dream jobs.  What would I do if there were no limitations?  First, and most relevant, I want to be a Creative Director at a big-time agency, and do a national campaign for an exciting company, like Nike.  I would love to walk down the street and see a creative tactic, or see an ad on TV that I helped create.  Second, I would be a horse trainer.  I love how I feel completely free on a horse, and like everything is in my control – though it’s really not.  Another bonus is that you get immediate gratification for your work.  As soon as the horse moves how you want it to, even just for an instant, you get excited.  My third dream job is to be a photographer, taking pictures of whatever I want, wherever I want.  I could travel the world, capturing it by a lens not only to remember later, but also to share and help bring the world to others.

As disconnected as my three dream jobs seem to be – it was interesting what Kathleen said about them.  My dream to be a horse trainer speaks to my love of working on a team and achieving greater outcomes.  My dream to be a photographer speaks to my fascination with culture and experiences, and capturing them – which connects to my dream of being a Creative Director where I could influence culture with advertisements.  Anyone else getting chills?

No comments:

Post a Comment